Peter W. Choi
Seattle, WA 98119
Aspiring Korean and English bilingual broadcast journalist. Areas of expertise include social media, video and audio editing, public speaking and project management under tight pressure.
Seattle Pacific University / June 2017
Bachelor of Arts in Communication / Minor: Sociology
Multimedia Reporter | The Falcon Sep, 2016 – Present
– Launch multimedia section for student newspaper of Seattle Pacific University.
– Produce video, audio, print and online stories that cover campus reactions to social issues such as the Women’s March, Presidential Election, and local protests in Seattle.
– Create weekly promo videos to highlight stories and maximize audience engagement on social media.
Digital Production Intern | KCTS 9 – Cascade Public Media Sep, 2016 – March, 2017
– Pitch story ideas and produce stories online for program segments, “What’s Good 206” and “IN Close.”
– Assist content producers in setting up lighting and video in the field for interviews.
– Contribute to Facebook Live interviews with public figures and local leaders in the newsroom.
– Transcribe interviews and clip video segments using Adobe Premiere Pro.
Reporter | VOICES, Asian American Journalism Association August 8th, 2016 – August 13th, 2016
-VOICES serves as a multimedia journalism fellowship for selected college students from across the country. Students will get to pitch stories, write, shoot videos and photos, and deliver various stories on Asian American, Las Vegas, and journalism during AAJA national convention in Las Vegas.
Radio News Intern | KIRO Radio 97.3 FM April 4th, 2016 – June 8th, 2016
– Shadowed reporters, anchors, and producers at the radio station on a part-time basis and observed daily production operations.
– Conducted phone interviews with sheriffs, public relations officers, and various organizers at the Assignment Desk.
– Worked on short deadlines by writing scripts and editing audio files for daily newscast.
– Assisted reporters in the field such as press conferences and protests with live tweets and interviews.
– Covered feature stories on how Seattle-based company saved blind people internationally and how college students held protest over U.S. Presidential Election.
– Improved speaking skills in broadcast such as voice tone, inflection, and pacing.
Radio Show Host | KSPU Radio Station, Seattle Pacific University Sep, 2015 – June 2016
– Organize weekly hour-long radio show called AWAKEN.
– Select types of contemporary Christian music for a specific demographic of audience.
– Edit audio clips from interview and update podcasts on a personal website, Facebook, and Twitter.
– Cover stories on how SPU hosted Tent City 4 and campus burglaries by interviewing students and faculties, and hosting them on the show.
Technical Skills: MS Office, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, News Boss, WordPress, Canon, DV Camera, Wireless Lavalier Microphone, Boom Microphone, Rode Microphones, Video Mic Shotgun
Social Media Skills: Facebook, FB Live, Instagram Live, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat
Languages: Fluent in English and Korean
*Please contact me at email@example.com for professional and personal references
Download PDF file of resume here